This week we are joined by Dr. Lizzy Pope, anti-diet dietitian and director of the dietetic program at The University of Vermont (my alma mater). In this episode, we discuss:
- Lizzy’s story with her relationship with food and body
- Lizzy’s transition away from the weight-normative approach in nutrition
- How Lizzy has changed her curriculum to reflect the new body of research on weight-inclusive nutrition
- General trends Lizzy has observed in terms of her dietetic students relationships with food over the course of their time in undergrad
- Lizzy’s background working in a prominent nutrition research lab and her thoughts about the experience in hindsight
- The many issues with nutrition research and the pieces that are often missing from the picture
Before diving into this week’s guest interview, I answer a listener question on how to eat out at a restaurant without feeling out of control. Click here to download the FREE resource I mention while answering the listener question.
More from Lizzy:
More from Leah:
- Subscribe to my personal Substack
- Follow me on Instagram for more intuitive eating content @leahkern.rd
- Visit my website to learn more about my coaching offerings
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get a nugget of intuitive eating inspiration delivered straight from my heart to your inbox each week.
- Email me: email@example.com
Last modified: January 3, 2024