In this week’s solo episode, we dive into this question:
If weight is not an indicator of health, than how do you explain the “research” suggesting that being fat leads to worse health outcomes? We discuss:
- The fundamental issue with asserting that correlation equals causation in weight research
- The harms of weight stigma (including medical weight stigma)
- The harms of weight cycling
- How to know if you can trust anti-diet research
Before diving into the episode, I give a quick life update.
More from Leah:
- Subscribe to my personal Substack
- Follow me on Instagram for more intuitive eating content @leahkern.rd
- Visit my website to learn more about my coaching offerings
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get a nugget of intuitive eating inspiration delivered straight from my heart to your inbox each week.
Last modified: January 3, 2024